It's summer. We all love easy meals... meals that don't tie us to the kitchen when we would rather be enjoying the sun. It doesn't get much easier than cooking in a slow cooker.
This recipe was born out of a desire to "use up" ingredients in my kitchen... to take advantage of the staples that I always have on hand. Here's my recipe for delicious pork tenderloin cooked in my "crockpot"... it's fail-proof :)
2 lbs pork tenderloin
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. Teriyaki sauce
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1. Lightly coat bottom of hot, large pan with olive oil. Lightly brown pork tenderloin on all sides. This will take a couple of minutes for each turn of the meat.
2. In medium size bowl, mix together the chicken broth, teriyaki, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Place pork tenderloin in bottom of heated crockpot. Pour over sauce mixture and move tenderloin around to make sure the liquid covers the bottom of the pot.
4. Cook on medium heat for 6 hours, or until the meat literally falls apart with a fork. In my family, it needs no extra sauce. The delicious liquid from the meat is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy.
5. Serve it with your favorite summertime sides, either on a bun or on it's on. ENJOY!